Driving Traffic to your Blog is probably the most important thing that you need to consider. Remember that content is “King”, your content will give you more readership and more income in the long run.
Here are the Tips on How to Drive Traffic to your Blog
- Create a Brand and make sure it will be interesting and trustable.
- Download SEO related plugins to ensure each page will have a different title and keywords. Search engines look for certain things – titles, headings, meta tags – so it is crucial to make sure your site is “search engine friendly”.
- Search engines do not find your site unless you submit your site’s information to them. Below are four ways to submit your Web site to search engines and Directories like Yahoo.com, DMOZ, GOOGLE etc.
- Set up a feed on MyYahoo.com so your site gets regularly spidered by the Yahoo search engine http://www.my.yahoo.com
- Update your blog everyday to keep attracting your subscribers to come back and refer you to others in their networks; include links to other blogs, articles and websites in your posts
- Read and comment on other blogs that are in your target niche. Don’t write things like “nice blog” or “great post.” Write intelligent, useful comments with a link to your blog.
- Offer reviews and tips how to gain traffic and income to readers.
- Add a “favorites or bookmark this site” script to your homepage.
- Add a “Recommend This Site” or “Share This” on your site. Once they find your content helpful, readers will recommend your blog to a friend
- Provide a subscription box, Use FeedBurner.
- Claim your Blog, Join Technorati.
- Conduct periodic contests and announce the winners on your site.
- Provide Poll section, Statistics show that visitors love quizzes and assessment tools.
- Brag it! print your Blog URL in your business cards, brochures, newsletters, letterhead, e-mail signature, ads – everything!!
- Shout it out in Friendster, Myspace and other social networking sites.
- Use Trackback links when you quote or refer to other blog posts. What is TrackBack? Essentially what this does is send a message from one server to another server letting it know you have posted a reference to their post. The beauty is that a link to your blog is now included on their site.