Now that your blog is finally up, How do you get people to actually read what you’re blogging about?
In order to convince readers to comeback, you need to focus on your content.Â Make sure toÂ only blog about something you care about. Blogging things about your favorite subjectÂ makes you more dedicated andÂ it will come through in your writing.
Here are some tips on promoting your blog.
1) Quality Content – Interesting content will keep your readership returning. Update your blog regularly.Â (Googlebot and otherÂ web-crawling robot loves content. The more you update your blog, the more frequent the search engine spiders will return to it. )
2) Post comments inÂ popular blogs with the same genre.Â You can gain a loyal readership just by offering feedback to your fellow bloggers. The comment feature allows you to add a link back to your blog as well.
3) Publish an RSS/Atom/XML feed. Offer email subscriptionsÂ for visitors who wants to receive email updates from you.
Â 4) Carefully choose your subject titles, taking into consideration what other internet users may be searching for.
Use keywords in your title. I suggest subscribing to Word Tracker. Their report of the most popular searches is published each Tuesday and distributed to over 30,000 subscribers.
5) Be sure to include your blog address in forum signatures and in your email signature.
6) Submit your blog to directories. Submit your blog’s url to Technorati, Daypop, Blogdex and Popdex.
7) If you’re using blogging software such as Blogger, there is an option to notify the central blog update services (such as http://weblogs.com) whenever you’ve made a new entry to your blog. Make sure that this option is turned on! In blogger, click on publish in your dashboard and make sure that your settings are set to yes under notify weblogs. Alternatively, you can go to http://pingoat.com and send out a ping each time you update your blog. This lets everyone know that you’ve just updated your blog.
8) Link to other blogs.Â make it sure it has the same content as yours… link to quality websites only.
9) Update your Ping List By default, WordPress pings only Ping-o-matic which then in turn pings over 20 other services. By updating this list, you can manually ping many other RPC services not included with Ping-o-matic.
Be patient, traffic doesn’t happen overnight. The best way that I’ve found to increase traffic is by getting to know people. Spend what free time that you have, reading blogs, leaving feedback and building friendships. Try to leave comments on the blogs that you visit as often as you can. While you are waiting for the traffic to come, just enjoy blogging. You’ll be improving your writing in the process.
Eventually you’ll build a network of not just readers, but friends and loyal supporters. Blogging is not just about marketing; it’s about creating lasting relationships.