SEO is a short word forÂ Search Engine Optimization. This is the process of structuring a web page so that it is found, read, and indexed by search engines in the most effective manner possible. This makes your web site and its content attractive, relevant and visible to search engines and web searchers. Search engine optimization is important because it improves the volume and quality of traffic to a web site from search engines. Do you want to put your website in the high ranking?
Here are some tips you have to consider:
Website Optimization = Content + Links = High Ranking
1. How Google Measures Link Popularity
Higher link popularity scores = Higher search engine ranking
Link popularity is by far the most important factor for determining your search engine ranking. You need to know what link popularity is, why it is so important, and how Google measures your link popularity (over 50% of all search engine traffic comes from Google, and if you can get to the top of Google, you will raise to the top of the others search engines as well).
Link popularity – the number of links (votes) that SE have for your site.
Link popularity is a measure of the quantity and quality of other web sites that link to a specific site on the World Wide Web. It is an example of the move by search engines towards off-the-page-criteria to determine quality content. In theory, off-the-page-criteria adds the aspect of impartiality to search engine rankings.
Link popularity plays an important role in the visibility of a web site among the top of the search results. Indeed, some search engines require at least one or more links coming to a web site, otherwise they will drop it from their index.
Search engines such as Google use a special link analysis system to rank web pages. Citations from other WWW authors help to define a site’s reputation. The philosophy of link popularity is that important sites will attract many links. Content-poor sites will have difficulty attracting any links. Link popularity assumes that not all incoming links are equal, as an inbound link from a major directory carries more weight than an inbound link from an obscure personal home page. In other words, the quality of incoming links counts more than sheer numbers of them.
Consistency is the key. It is a fact that as more and more articles are added to article directories, your article will go lower in the listings, but if you constantly and consistently submit new articles, then you will continue to reap the benefits. Making articles is a great way to build up the link popularity of your website. It gives you life-time links.
â€¢ Always close your articles off with a link to your site which is relevant to the copy of the article. Hyperlink the keyword with your url. For example:
â€œJohnny Brown is an expert in affiliate marketing. Visit his site for more online marketing tips.â€
3. Control Your Words.
â€œNot everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted countsâ€.
This does not apply to our situation. In the Meta Tags, you must count every word and every keyword. Use a tool like this one to count the characters from your Meta tags.â€
4. Optimize the Title Tag
â€¢ Include 1-2 of your most important keyword phrases in the title tag, but don’t just list keywords.
If you just list keywords, you risk being viewed as spamming the search engines which can ultimately lead to you being blacklisted and not included at all.
- Your title tag should include your keyword phrases within a readable sentence to avoid this problem.
- Make your title appealing to humans!
- Don’t forget that even if you get that top listing in the search engines, our listing still needs to say something that makes the surfer want to click your link and visit your site.
- Since the length of your title tag could cause some engines to crop it, we suggest place the keywords at the beginning of the tag when possible to decrease the risk of having them cut off.
Each page of your site should have its own title tag with its own keywords that relate to the page that it appears on.
5. Optimize the Meta Description Tag
- Give appropriate descriptions (as some search engines display this description in the search result), make it more appropriate to your site. Put only targeted keywords in description. Do not stuff the description with more keywords. Restrict the number of words in this tag to 10 to 15 words.
- Place the most important phrases at the start of the description, so, even if any search engine omits some part of the description, the important phrases will be displayed.
6. Optimize the Meta Keywords Tag
The importance of Meta Tags is debated these days. So this is an optional extra.
- Include only the keywords that appear in the body text, and no more than 5-7 keywords. Add alternate spelling of words (including typos) and synonyms of those keywords.
If youâ€™re looking for online marketing guides, visit http://www.moreniche.com/— join for free and earn $45 start up bonus. MoreNiche provide all the tools you need to be successful in affiliate marketing.