Are you planning to create a website portal for your Business or Organization, but you don’t have any programming backround?
A content management system (CMS) is computer software used to create, edit, manage, and publish content in a consistently-organized fashion. CMSs are frequently used for storing, controlling, versioning, and publishing industry-specific documentation such as news articles, operators’ manuals, technical manuals, sales guides, and marketing brochures. The content managed may include computer files, image media, audio files, electronic documents, and Web content.
A CMS may support the following features:
- identification of all key users and their content management roles;
- the ability to assign roles and responsibilities to different content categories or types;
- definition of workflow tasks for collaborative creation, often coupled with event messaging so that content managers are alerted to changes in content (For example, a content creator submits a story, which is published only after the copy editor
revises it and the editor-in-chief approves it.);
- the ability to track and manage multiple versions of a single instance of content;
- the ability to publish the content to a repository to support access to the content (Increasingly, the repository is an
inherent part of the system, and incorporates enterprise search and retrieval.);
- separation of content’s semantic layer from its layout (For example, the CMS may automatically set the color, fonts, or emphasis of text.).
So then, how are CMS solutions chosen? You will need to compare product features, price and functionality. You may want to ask friends and colleagues, and look to different analyst ratings. You can also checkout some successful portals and research what kind of CMS are they using. In theory, this should be an excellent way to pick the right solution and sometimes it is. Content management systems have been around for over two decades and the features and functionality for the most part are starting to become commoditized. Make sure to choose the perfect CMS that will provide your content-specific needs. Without carefully choosing and comparing different CMS vendors, you may end up choosing the wrong product and you will probably junk it after being dissatisfied with the product.
UcoZ CMS Web Services offers its users a CMS system that includes all the tools for creating a modern and feature-rich website. They provide modules for Blog, Forum, Ad Board, Guestbook, Tag Board and mini chat, Photo Album, Publisher and Article Directory, Links Catalog, File Catalog, Site News, Web Polls, Email Forms, Tests, FAQ and knowledge Base for big websites. Each of these tools can be used separately or in combination with other tools to create a feature-rich website. Any portal site can be built and maintained by any individual without programming background and at the same time the functionalities of the UcoZ CMS can turn the heads of professional web designers and businesses.