My friend asked me if it’s really better for her to use a popular US based web host or a Canada based web hosting company. For me It really doesn’t matter if your web host is locally based or not but there are certain important points which one should keep in mind while searching for a reliable and cost effective web host.
Here are some tips on how to choose a webhosting service:
- Make sure they provide an email and phone number for technical support
- Make sure to check their working hours so that you can contact them anytime without any time difference
- Check for customers feedback about their customer service response time
- Make sure they provide 99% up time.
- Make sure they have a server backup for easy file recovery in case of downtime
I tried to search for a Canada based web hosting and I found Canadianwebhosting.com. This webhosting company is currently considered as the most popular web host in Canada and the first webhosting company that implemented 3Com’s TippingPoint Intrusion Prevention System (IPS). TippingPoint inspects every packet to determine if they are legitimate or malicious. TippingPoint IPS provides protection for VoIP infrastructure, routers, switches, DNS and other critical infrastructure from targeted attacks and traffic irregularity.
Canadianwebhosting.com started in 1998 providing quality web hosting service for Canadian and international customers. Their knowledgeable staff provides customer support 24-hours a day, 7-days a week through toll-free telephone service, e-mail and live online chat. The Vancouver, BC based company’s mission is to keep customers up to date with the ever-changing Internet and bring them the latest in hosting technologies.