If you are an active Blogger and a certified computer addict, you are definitely prone to having a Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
What is a Carpal tunnel syndrome? It is a nerve disorder in the hand that causes pain, numbness and tingling. It commonly affects Women’s and is caused by repetitive motion of the hands, such as computer use.
Tips on how to avoid Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Lose weight if you’re overweight.
- Get treatment for any disease you have that may cause carpal tunnel syndrome.
- If you do the same tasks with your hands over and over, try not to bend, extend or twist your hands for long periods.
- Don’t work with your arms too close or too far from your body.
- Don’t rest your wrists on hard surfaces for long periods.
- Switch hands during work tasks.
- Make sure your tools aren’t too big for your hands.
- Take regular breaks from repeated hand movements to give your hands and wrists time to rest.
- Don’t sit or stand in the same position all day.
- If you use a keyboard a lot, adjust the height of your chair so that your forearms are level with your keyboard and you don’t have to flex your wrists to type.
If you feel numbness on your hands, Don’t conclude that its a Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. It is advisable for you to get in touch with a specialist for you to have a proper medication.
OT : Are you a big fan of Eraserheads? Check it out >> Eraserheads The Final Set Concert on March 2009