Now that you decided to build your own brand by buying a domain name and paying for a web host, your next task is to import and transfer your Blogspot posts into your brand new self hosted WordPress blog.
I recently created a new blog for a book lover and all her post was initially hosted in Blogspot. To transfer all the posts and comments, I first tried the import features in the WordPress admin panel but its not working for me. After hours of searching for a possible solution, I finally found these instructions on how to import files from your Blogspot to WordPress.
I’m glad I found Blogger to WordPress Application- A tool to convert a blogger export file to a WordPress WXR export file.
Heres the Instructions :
- Login to your Blogspot account then go to your Settings > Basic > Blog Tools > Export Blog.
- Click on Download Blog. It’ll save as an .xml file.
- Go to http://blogger2wordpress.appspot.com/and find the .xml file and click Convert. It’ll save as a WordPress.xml file.
- Login to your WordPress powered blog, go to Tools > Import > WordPress.
- Find the WordPress version of the .xml file you just converted and click Upload File and Import.
Presto! your file is now uploaded on your new self-hosted WordPress Blog. Happy Blogging and start Making Money Online:)