Credit cards debts has been a major problem for most credit card holders. Credit Card usage can be a convenient way of making payment for your purchases since you don’t have to bring paper bills and you can earn points too each time you use it.
However, if you spend more than what you earn, chances are, you may have a hard time balancing your finances. If you’re stretched to the limit on your credit cards, you have no margin for error; no room to maneuver if you have an emergency.
Here are some simple tips to keep you from increasing your credit card debt.
- Only make purchases you can afford to repay on a monthly basis
- Find a card that offers more rewards and rebates
- Use credit card with 0% interest and no fees for future balance transfers
- Pay more than the minimum amount due
- Think before you swipe your card – Do you really need to buy it?
Instead of maximizing your credit limit, start saving your spare cash for you to have an emergency fund. If you have enough savings, you definitely don’t need a credit card and you can definitely avoid excessive credit card debt :)